Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

~Creativity is something that is inspired from within and without~

A Little About Me...


I've always been a lover of art. From photography, to painting, to clay, it has always been a place that has provided solace and a means to express myself in a way that words never could.
In a couple of weeks, I’ll be moving to a new apartment. I basically have a blank canvas before me. I thought this would a perfect opportunity to personalize the space and complete some DIY projects.  From the living room to the bedroom, there are ways that one can bring their own flair to the space.  Especially, in a way that is fun, practical, and affordable!
One thing you should know about me is that I’m a fan of home decor stores.  One of my favorite pastimes is perusing through the aisles and flipping through look books for stores, such as Ikea, West Elm, and Pier 1. I can spend hours thinking of different ways of styling a space.  Many of the projects that I will be completing in the coming weeks will be specifically for the home.  However, projects are based more on what inspires me next.

A Creative Space

Creativity is something that is inspired from within and without.  I encourage my readers to not copy, but to build upon the projects they find. Many times, I find cool projects online, usually on Pinterest. Questions you should ask yourself:  What’s my style? What’s my story?  What inspires me?  How can I bring myself into this project?  The beautiful aspect of inspiration is it’s never ending.  There is always something out there to move you.
Each week I will post a new DIY tutorial and feature photos of inspiration. I guess you could say that I’m starting a craft journal, and you are welcomed to read along. I am excited to begin! I hope that I am motivated to work and that I can encourage you, the readers, to start your own projects. 



No comments:

Post a Comment